Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Resolve. Maybe?

I *resolve that as soon as the kids are back in school I will dedicate more time to the deciphering of this crazy world we call blogging. I think I’ve got the basic idea, but I feel like such a beginner.
It all seems so overwhelming, and there’s so much to learn.

Proper etiquette, especially, is something that eludes me. I can write an article and post it, but then what do I do with comments? How do I respond to them? How do I use this thing as a way to communicate, other than my one sided babbling?

Following, and followers. Such an interesting idea. To know that other people even want to read my ramblings is kinda cool. I'm just learning what that really means.

Then, there’s layout and design; picture placement, background adjustments, and so on. I’ve played around with it, but still feel very boggled.

So, maybe, when the kids are back in school, I’ll have more time to research, and “get with the program”. But, that is a pretty tall order, expecting to have more time. There’s never more time, just different uses for the time I already have. And, one thing that I’m quite good at is the finding and executing of multiple uses for my already over-abused time.

Oh well, it’s a nice thought at least.

In the meantime: any advice, suggestions, or just plain sympathy would be much appreciated. And, if I happen to have offended anyone with my "unknowing-ness", I apologize! Be patient with me...I will be learn-ed, some day! maybe...

Thanks for playin’!

*I originally posted with the word Resolute instead of Resolve. But, I think Resolve is really the word I was meaning. I was thinking Resolute because of Resolution. Maybe Resolute is better? Would that even make sense?
To make a Resolution, would that be to Resolute? Anyway, I think you get the idea...

5 comments:

Angie said...

Don't worry. You're doing fine. I love reading your blog, and I love the background you've got. Very cool.

Jen said...

hey thanks so much, Angie!

Angie said...

Hey, Jen, I just gave you a One Lovely Blog award over at Notes From the Writing Chair. Now you get to pass it on!

Elana Johnson said...

Wow, I totally love blogging. And reading blogs. And everything in between, like the layout stuff. You'll find your way around. Glad you have a blog; can't wait to see what you've got to say! :)

Jen said...

Angie, that sounds awesome! now, i just need to figure out what that means...
...meanwhile, kids are eating each other, and yet i continue to sit and stare mindlessly at the computer...hmm, could be a problem?